Gary Moore - Professional Background
Insight Edge, Inc – Vista, CA ’99 – Present
President and Secretary: Co-founded family company Insight Edge, Inc. and led charge to later acquire www.tvsalespro.com. We are a consulting, training, and strategic planning company primarily working with media companies and corporations. We have established a customer base with over 700 media companies from small communities to the majority of the top 20 markets in the USA. Served as CEO for Pentawave Media Web Solutions - 1999, temporary vice-president advertising for The Dallas Morning News - 2002, temporary sales director for Quick (free distribution product) - 2003, temporary sales director for Al Dia (daily Spanish-language newspaper) - 2003, temporary advertising director for Victoria (TX) Advocate – 2005, temporary vice president advertising for Riverside Press Enterprise – 2007, temporary vice president interactive/classified for The Dallas Morning News – 2007, temporary Chief Revenue Officer for Victoria (TX) Advocate - 2009.
San Diego Union-Tribune - San Diego, CA ’96 – ’99 Ad Director: Responsible for all advertising, research, creative and ad services activities (300 people). The only major southern California newspaper to produce back-to-back ad revenue record years. Advertising employees voted out Newspaper Guild after a 61-year relationship. Executive Committee Member responsible for the overall strategic direction of the newspaper company.
McClatchy Newspapers – ‘86- ‘95
The Newspaper Network - Sacramento, CA
Senior Vice President: Regional sales and operational responsibilities for the Midwest, Northeast, South and Mid-Atlantic regions in addition to working with the President/CEO in the implementation of sales and marketing plans nationwide. Includes direct selling opportunities with top decision-makers at major retailers nationwide. Joined at the special request of the then-President (now-CEO) of McClatchy Newspapers.
The Modesto Bee - Modesto, CA
Advertising Director: Responsible for the entire ad selling operation in addition to electronic products, Marketing Research, Alternate Delivery Systems, Special Sections, Ad Services and Art departments.
The Sacramento Bee - Sacramento, CA
Advertising Manager: Responsible for Classified, National and Local General departments. Responsible for the selling efforts, clerical support and budgeting of these departments.
Classified Advertising Manager: Responsible for the selling efforts, clerical support and budgeting of the Classified department which included 90 employees. A national leader in automotive and real estate ad volumes.
The Houston Post - Houston, TX ‘83 to ‘86
Classified Manager: Responsible for the selling efforts, clerical support and the budgeting of the Classified department (106 employees). During the twelve months I was Classified Manager, we had share of market gains ten months against the nation's number one classified section.
Assistant Classified Manager: Involved with all phases of classified. Also responsible for retail telemarketing. Responsible for some training of retail sales and managers.
Telephone Sales Manager: Responsible for reorganizing and training supervisors and sales staff to insure proper management and selling was maximized on a daily basis.
The Evening Outlook - Santa Monica, CA ‘80 to ‘83
Classified Advertising Director: Responsible for the selling direction, clerical support and budgeting of the Classified department. Also responsible for the selling direction of national automotive. The only Los Angeles daily newspaper during this time to post classified gains for two consecutive years. Also, served as the Automotive and Real Estate editor, task force leader for the planning and implementation of a direct mail program, and represented southern California newspapers in Detroit presenting the importance of national advertising coverage in the nation's number one automotive market.
The Blade Tribune - Oceanside, CA ‘75 to ‘80
Classified Advertising Manager: Responsible for the selling direction, clerical support and budgeting of the Classified department. Classified experienced an 89 percent linage growth during the three years I served as Classified Advertising Manager. Learned additional aspects of the business including production, press and circulation.
Classified and Retail Outside Sales: Responsible for the sales in automotive, retail and real estate. This included ad copy, ad design, preparation of presentations and servicing of existing accounts. Made cold calls on new potential prospects.
INDUSTRY RELATED ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Board of Directors Victoria Publishing Company
- Only executive to receive the two highest honors in the state, the Howard Grothe Lifetime Achievement Award from the California Advertising Executive Association (’05) and the Dick MacDonald Award by the California Classified Advertising Executive Association (California Classified Leadership).
- Developed Newspaper Advertising Association training program for Advertising Agencies (’06).
- Served on the National Newspaper Network Board of Advisors.
- Served on Newspaper Advertising Association Future of Classified Committee.
- Vice President of the California Newspaper Advertising Executive Association.
- Served on McClatchy Newspapers Information Center Project Committee.
- Chairperson of the McClatchy Classified Advertising Task Force.
- Served as a member of the Association of Newspaper Classified Advertising Managers Action Committee
- Chairperson of the Association of Newspaper Classified Advertising Managers Co-op Committee
- Founder of the Classified Advertising Manager's Exchange League
- Winner of the C.W.O. &O. Partner's Award for National Advertising sales effort
- Coordinator of the first state approved accredited continuing education course organized by a newspaper for Realtors
- Appreciation Award from the Santa Monica Board of Realtors
- President of the Southern California Classified Advertising Managers Association
- Speaker on over 30 different industry occasions
- Chairperson for a two-day seminar, "Classified Phone Room Supervisors" by California Newspaper Publishers Association
- Published "Classified in the '80's" booklet for Southern California Classified Advertising Managers Association.
- Co-founder of the Southern California Classified Supervisors Association.
- Conference Chairperson for the Western Classified Advertising Managers Association conference.